Who is Kristal Ireland?
Kristal Ireland is an award-winning, strategic and experienced digital and technology expert. Experienced public speaker on all things digital and technology with a passion for AI and all things transformative.
Previously voted as one of the UK’s Top 30 Women in Digital Under 30 by The Drum Magazine. A specialist in Digital Transformation, E-commerce and Digital Brand Strategy she has worked with some of the major UK and international clients to build their brands online.
Passionate about all forms of marketing but with a specialism in digital marketing including; Website Design and Development, Mobile, E-commerce website design and management, SEO, PPC, Social Media, Email Marketing, Online Analytics packages, Customer Journey Analysis and Customer Relationship Management.
What is AI?
Artificial intelligence or AI is the area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans.
In an essence, AI refers to the ability for machines to make complex decisions with the same sophistication as human beings – something which requires a high degree of skill to do, as it depends upon taking a huge number of variables into consideration and drawing upon a bank of accumulated knowledge and experience.
Despite AI being described as a gimmick by some critics around the world, it has the potential to be highly useful in the world of business, helping businesses become more automated, freeing up human workers’ time to make the decisions only a human being can make.
What are some of the characteristics of artificial intelligence?
- Access to a consistent knowledge source, e.g. our environment.
- Able to convert plausible responses into knowledgeable responses (this is the conversion of belief to knowledge which improves viability).
- Adaptability-the use of modelling (thought) to refine responses to improve viability (this can be thought of as a definition of the property “intelligence”).
- The ability to communicate (form a language – can be semiotic ie non-verbal).
- The ability to plan (think).
- Non-deterministic – with flexibility (adaptability) comes unpredictability of responses.
- The ability to interact with the source of knowledge, i.e. our environment.